Girl Students from classes 6 to 12 of SSVM institutions along with their parents had an interactive, brainstorming and hilarious session with Mr. Rakshit Tandon, Cyber Security Expert and Consultant Safe Surfing Campaign at IAMAI (Internet and Mobile Association of India).
- The audience was exposed to the fact that internet was being used extensively without knowing the cyber laws in a very satirical manner. He emphasized that “Privacy is a fundamental right”.
- Warning was given to the girls not to befriend strangers who chat using sweet words. Weird and unknown messages should be blocked. They were also advised to think before they click a pic.
- According to the cyber laws, hacking, fake accounts, using bad words online, passing or sharing of obscene photos are all punishable crimes.
- He quoted that young brains are always in a learning mode, so whatever they see, they learn. “Garbage in, Garbage out”. So children should follow age limit before downloading an app or playing online games.
- He explained how hackers use information from Google clouds or iclouds, explaining the technicality in simple terms to the students, advising them to have strong passwords to secure their data.
- Parents were advised on how to monitor their children using smartphones. He asked them to spend time with their children and that they could detox their child by offline communication.
- Warning was given not to rely on Google searches for any contact number. Rather to visit the parent website.